Author Topic: Sightseeing  (Read 2039 times)

Offline ironekilz

• View Profile
Sightseeing
« on: October 25, 2014, 07:25:13 PM »
I love how Talbot's keeping us up-to-date on his trip. He's so great to his fans!  :-* Some of his stops are kind of weird though and a little morbid. Amboy Crater? I heard a legend that says the devil was cast out of heaven and landed there, forming the crater. Seems like Charles Manson used to live in Amboy too. Creeepppyyy!  It's cool he went and saw Ray's Motel and Cafe though. That's where that movie The Hitcher was filmed.

Offline geologylady

• View Profile
Re: Sightseeing
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2014, 07:28:15 PM »
and he was in the area right around twilight too and just passed a car accident... :/  thanks for the info about Amboy, a lot of lore out there

Offline ironekilz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2014, 01:00:49 AM »
Oh, Talbot! You never follow a lady with a candle into a mysterious old Spanish mission in California! Don't you know your Eagles?  :P Seriously though, have a good night!

Offline Wild about Talbot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2014, 10:22:46 AM »
So I'm pretty sure that the video Talbot posts is from the movie The Doors.... the scene of the traffic accident Jim Morrison sees when he was a kid. Here is the story of it from http://jimmorrisonbiography.wordpress.com/:

In 1947, when Jim Morrison was 4 years old, he witnessed a car accident involving American Indians.  Morrison claimed that there were bodies scattered around, and a spirit of one jumped in to his soul.  Jim talks about it on Dawn’s Highway on the American Prayer CD, which was taken from an interview…..He also sang of it in the song Peace Frog from the Morrison Hotel CD.

Offline JenniPowell

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2014, 12:23:54 PM »
Oh my gosh...if that is really the connection (which sounds like could be it considering Talbot has already made several references to Morrison), then I'm starting to get really concerned about Talbot's safety.
The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.

--Saint Augustine

Offline CharleneExtreme

• I am not crazy, my mother had me tested.
    • View Profile
    • Chinups 'N' PinUps
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2014, 03:01:22 PM »
So I'm pretty sure that the video Talbot posts is from the movie The Doors.... the scene of the traffic accident Jim Morrison sees when he was a kid. Here is the story of it from http://jimmorrisonbiography.wordpress.com/:

In 1947, when Jim Morrison was 4 years old, he witnessed a car accident involving American Indians.  Morrison claimed that there were bodies scattered around, and a spirit of one jumped in to his soul.  Jim talks about it on Dawn’s Highway on the American Prayer CD, which was taken from an interview…..He also sang of it in the song Peace Frog from the Morrison Hotel CD.

Whoah, didn't he mention stuff about bodies scattered in his recent lyrics? Also spirit of one jumping into his soul - didn't a woman jump out at him and damage his phone screen?

Also, more lyrics from the song Peace Frog:

"Blood is the rose of
Mysterious union."

The roses... the blood... and the fact I can't help but think there's someone out there trying to get him to "desire" them. There's some kinda link there!

Or maybe I'm just crazy and I overthink things. I want to warn him to get away from that place but he'll think I'm out of my mind!! :P Also there's the pretty women....
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 03:15:04 PM by CharleneExtreme »
“You step outside, you risk your life. You take a drink of water, you risk your life. And nowadays, you breathe and you risk your life. Every moment now, you don‘t have a choice. The only thing you can choose is what you’re risking it for.” - Hershel Greene. R.I.P.