Author Topic: The Obituary of Talbot Griffin  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Dorkmaster

• I'm just a dude. Not THE dude, but yeah.
    • View Profile
The Obituary of Talbot Griffin
« on: October 31, 2014, 08:41:53 PM »
Given by his on and off again girlfriend of some time, Jenny Clancy:

It’s with a heavy heart that I come here to tell you that on Saturday 25 we lost an amazing man, Talbot Griffin. He was difficult, ambitious, stubborn and awkward … but was also funny, inspirational, determined, creative and full of love and life.
My heart is broken.
We parted on angry terms as he took off, as he sometimes did, to go and write music. It was just how we were. He always came back and melted my heart with his lyrics, his songs and his deep theories on true love and life. I never imagined a day that he wouldn’t return - knocking on my door, guitar in hand and rucksack on back. Grinning at me, running his hands through his hair and rubbing his beard with a glint of mischief in his eye… But that day came on Saturday. I’m not sure I’ll ever recover - I certainly won’t ever forget. He loved his fans.. Sometimes I felt he lived for his fans and saw them all as friends first and fans second. And it was you, his friends that motivated, inspired and spurred him on. I’m sorry it’s taken me a few days to let you know. He’d be mad at me for that. So it’s with a heavy heart that I remind you of how fragile life is and how we should all stay in contact with those we truly care about .
I will miss you everyday my darling Talbot and will see you again one day.
Rest in Peace my darling.
I will forever miss and love you.
Jenny xxxxxxxx
"The future is already here — it's just not very evenly distributed." - William Gibson

Offline aliendial

• View Profile
Re: The Obituary of Talbot Griffin
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 09:10:22 PM »